Third Update: Fantastic news – Senator Jeff Sessions (R-AL) joins Senator Cruz and Congressman King in the speaker lineup!
Second Update: Congressman Steve King (R-IA) (@SteveKingIA) has been confirmed as a speaker!
Update: More Twitter handles included and Senator Ted Cruz (R-TX) (@SenTedCruz) is now a confirmed speaker!
At 9:30 a.m. on July 15, 2013, the DC March for Jobs (@DCMarchForJobs) will commence in the nation’s capital. Sponsored by the Black American Leadership Alliance (@BALAorg), Tea Party Community (@TeaPartyHub) and BOND, the speaker line-up is tremendous and includes:
- Senator Ted Cruz (R-TX)
- Congressman Steve King (R-IA)
- Col. Allen West
- Leah Durant, Founder Black American Leadership Alliance
- Katrina Pearson, political analyst and media contributor
- Frank Morris, former Executive Director of the Congressional Black Caucus Foundation and former Dean of Graduate Studies at Morgan State University
- Senator Elbert Guillory, Republican Louisiana State Senator
- Congressman Mo Brooks, Republican from Alabama
- Reverend CL Bryant, creator of Runaway Slave documentary
- Kevin Jackson, TheBlackSphere (read Jedediah Cain’s blog on him here)
- KCarl Smith, veteran and founder of The ConservativeMESSENGER™
- Ken Crow, co-founder of The Tea Party
- Dennis Michael Lynch, founder of TV360 Media
- Mike Cutler, fellow at the Center for Immigration Studies, employed by the INS for over 30 years, including 26 years as a Special Agent
- Bishop Felton Smith, teacher, prophet, apostle and pastor
- Reverend Dozier, JD, Vietnam Veteran
- Jessie Lee Peterson, Founder and President of BOND Action, Inc.
- Wayne Dupree
Why are they Marching on DC?
TO SAY NO TO AMNESTY
“We believe it is time that members of Congress act to preserve economic opportunity for American workers – and pass immigration legislation that protects and supports the nearly 22 million American citizens who do not have jobs, or cannot find adequate employment to support their families. Economists report that labor participation in the U.S. is at its lowest rate in over 30 years.
Despite sluggish economic conditions, some in Congress have put forth immigration proposals to increase legal immigration levels by 50% and provide amnesty to over 11 million people who have entered the country illegally. We stand against these proposals, as they will result in adding millions more to the U.S. labor force, putting millions of American citizens out of work.”
Who Are the Black American Leadership Alliance
The Black American Leadership Alliance and other participants will call upon Congress to:
- Recognize the devastating effects illegal immigration and amnesty have on low-skilled workers, particularly those in minority communities;
- Enforce current immigration laws, and;
- Fulfill their duties to the millions of Americans struggling to find work by opposing amnesty and supporting policies to reduce overall levels of legal and illegal immigration, and to protect American jobs from irresponsible immigration legislation.
Watch their hard-hitting, fact-filled ad on the devastation illegal alien amnesty will cause to American workers, especially the black communities, here and read their open letter to Congress here. Will Congress, especially the Congressional Black Caucus, listen to these fantastic leaders or will they slam the door after campaigning on job creation, reducing the deficit, accountability and prosperity for America?
Meet Leah Durant, Black American Leadership Alliance Founder
From their website: “Leah Durant is the founder of the Black American Leadership Alliance. She worked in the Justice Department and has firsthand (sic) experience enforcing the nation’s immigration laws. She thinks the Gang of Eight immigration bill will have a devastating impact on black workers, and all skilled workers.